One of the best things about staying at Nightfall is the chance to taste the fruits of owner’s Steve and Jaide’s organic cooking labour.
This Israeli couscous with watercress pesto is made with a big bunch of the nutrient-packed leafy greens, picked beside the rainforest stream that runs through their property. But you can make it at home, even without the abundant rainforest garden, with Jaide’s recipe below.
- 2 handfuls of fresh watercress
- 1 cup (100g) nutritional yeast
- 50g raw bush nuts (or cashews, pine nuts etc.)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- A big squeeze of lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons (100ml) olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
Blend all ingredients except watercress in a food processor until roughly chopped.
Add watercress last to avoid bruising.
Add to Israeli couscous or pasta for a beautiful and easy dish.